cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Return font size

thendricks
3-Visitor

Return font size

I am importing some CGM files from an old Corel software package. Unfortunately, the fonts appear to be randomly resized. I've seen what original was set as size 8 coming through as 7.499, 7.501, 7.05, etcetera. To be clear, the art also contains other text sizes as well. My approach to a fix was to step through each text element, assign the size to a variable, parse it, and then look for "7." in the sizing and resize appropriately. Unfortunately, IsoDraw does not allow you to do this. I submitted an SPR and was told the reason this is not available is that a text element can contain more than one font size. At this point I'm stuck. Our current process is selecting each element and resizing. At most we can do a group working with the select if option in the ment if we know a specific area only contains what should be size 10 font for instance. Not very productive. We have about 1,600 files needing this conversion, and this appears to be our time waster at this point. Any ideas?
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Trevor, there is one other area where you could have a look at. CGM has the so called restricted text which assures in general that the text does not exceed the original space it took. On export then, each string is more or less "squeezed" into it's original bounding box extent, what could lead to a distorted appearance or odd font sizes. You can switch on the CGM import dialog in the preferences and alter the "Restricted Text" option box on import. Also if text already exists in files you can try to select all text and choose the "Delete Transformation" command. Good luck! Christian

Unfortunately, the restricted text route did not work. My text is actually coming in smaller, so changing this setting seemed to have no affect. The "Delete Transformation" command did improve the appearance slightly, but no affect on actual size. I played further with the resize function and found a resize of 101.65 seems to be working pretty good. We'll keep an eye on it to see if we're getting consistent results. Hopefully this will resolve our issue.
Top Tags