Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revision bars

cjolley

Revision bars

Hello everyone,

I am coding a stylesheet and need to put in the functionality for revision
bars. I have no idea how to do it though. Does anyone out there know?

Robbie Jolley
Computer Systems Analyst
RS Information Systems

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Revision bars

What kind of stylesheet? FOSI or XSL-FO?

Sorry about that. It is XSL-FO.

Changes bar capability is not in the XSL 1.0 spec.

Arbortext has an extension in its XSL FO implementation
to support this. See

Revision Bars

We are currently using Adept 4.1 and are testing 5.1. I've run into a problem with revision bars in 5.1 that I cannot figure out how to correct. We use an element called change-info that has a beginning and ending tag, that when used on text high lights the text and generates a bar in the outside margin of the changed text. The change bar works correctly in the body of the manual, it's when it is used on a title that the problem surfaces. The title element uses save text that generates the title on the first page of the chapter, an entry in the TOC and a running heading on the chapter. The change bars display correctly (3 picas from the edge of the paper in the outside margin) everywhere except in the running heading. In the running heading the change bars displays or print 15.5 picas from the outside edge of the paper within the title.

The Running heading is created with use text(title.txt), chap.ctr and page.ctr text.

Has anyone encountered a problem like this? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Announcements