cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Running Advanced Print Publisher in VMWare

BryanWellman
1-Newbie

Running Advanced Print Publisher in VMWare

I'm looking  at deploying Advanced Print Publisher (both client and server) in a VMWare environment. I see in an Arbortext PE installation guide some statements to  the effect  that  PTC doesn't explicitly support running PE in virtualized  environment but I can't find any discussion of whether APP works ok in  VMWare. Does anyone have any experience with this? Any gotchas?

thanks for any suggestions/experience you can share!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I know a number of customers who run APP in VMWare successfully.

APP is single threaded mind because of its Perl support.

Multi VM's on one machine will have performance issues.

You may find a more APP specific audience on the 3b2users yahoo group if required.

Regards

Chris

Solutions : Services : Software

www.tformat.com

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I know a number of customers who run APP in VMWare successfully.

APP is single threaded mind because of its Perl support.

Multi VM's on one machine will have performance issues.

You may find a more APP specific audience on the 3b2users yahoo group if required.

Regards

Chris

Solutions : Services : Software

www.tformat.com

thx, Chris. I'll be sure to look at the 3b2users group you referenced if I have additional questions as we do our deployment.

best,

Bryan

Yes it works just fine, ourselves and our clients use both APP Desktop and PE this way all the time. The "not supported" part is that if you file a support ticket and PTC reasonably suspects the issue is due to the use of a virtualized environment then they will not be able to provide resolution of the issue.

Top Tags