cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

S1000D Cover Page

GregoryMackenzi
1-Newbie

S1000D Cover Page

Hi,

I'm using AAD. Does anyone know how to use Publisher to enter the content seen in the Fig 1 Layout - Title Page of the S1000D spec? I see no obvious way of editing all these values in the Publisher in a way that relates to the code in the spec, such as <pmTitle>. I couldn't find a reference to this in the help files.

I"m also stumped by the Publishing Issue\Preferences\Publishing Project - Introduction tab. What XML is valid to load here?

Also, in the Company Information Tab you can load a 24 pixel high graphic, but in my output the result is stretched. What are the correct image dimensions? Even if you do enter the company information it does not appear on the first page of the PDF publication so I can't see how entering this information relates to the cover of PDF output.

Greg

3 REPLIES 3

Update:

Posted a Case...

How do I make a cover page in S1000D that matches the Issue 4.01 spec?

In the default output, the output page does not match the Issue 4. spec on page 5 of Chap 6.2.3.1

How do I make a cover page in S1000D that matches the Issue 4.01 spec?

1. In the default output, the address does not appear, nor the company logo, on the bottom of the page as indicated by the spec on page p of Chap 6.2.3.1.

Is there a location to enter the PM code? Where can I see the Publication Data Module?

2. There are missing fields indicated by the spec which are not reflected here. Is there any access to the markup so you can enter something? The "Cover" data module information code 001 doesn't appear to allow entry of the information required by the S1000D spec:

<pmTitle>

<pmCode>

<issueInfo>

<dataRestrictions>

3. I am having some issues with the publishing preferences:

Publishing Issue/Preferences/Publishing Project

I can't enter anything into the first tab "Introduction"

Except for the company logo, which I'm wondering what the actual size should be, none of the information such as the company name and address from the "Company Information" tab appears on the cover page. Although it specifies that the logo should be 24 pixels high, it does not give a width, resulting in distorted images. This doesn't seem to be what is needed in the spec.

As a user, I am left wondering what setting these preferences actually does and as to their utility.

Ok, the answer is that t he AAD Publisher will not create a cover that is compliant with the Issue 4 spec. There is no access to the Publication Module markup. I ended up publishing to PDF, and then creating a cover in InDesign to meet the spec on page 6.2.3.1 etc.

Were there any promises to improve this in the future? Were there any reasons provided? Looking at the tool today, it appears to have the same short-coming.

Top Tags