cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

S1000D Question

zpusnik
1-Newbie

S1000D Question

Can I author/modify S1000D data module information using just Arbortext 7.0 Editor or Arbortext 7.0 Editor w/styler?  Do I actually need every component of the Arbortext CSDB tool kit to do this?  I don't want to buy another full software suite to accomplish a such a focused task.  Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

4 REPLIES 4

If you buy Arbortext Editor (or Styler) then it does not come with the S1000D configuration. This means you could only edit S1000D data modules in a basic tag view, not in a styled authoring view. Is that what you're asking?

Yep.

akeefe
1-Newbie
(To:zpusnik)

It is fairly simple to configure Arbortext Editor for the S1000D schemas. This would enable you to create/edit valid S1000D data modules. As Gareth points out, you would not have any tag styling for the author. or formatted print output. There are commercially available (third party) S1000D screen/print applications for Arbortext Editor which would give you this functionality. We have configured Arbortext for this exact purpose.

zpusnik
1-Newbie
(To:akeefe)

Thank you for your reply.  Putting both your and Gareth's answers together I have the answer I was looking for.  Much appreciated gentlemen. Thank you.

Top Tags