cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

SVG Export From Isodraw not looking right in Editor

bfriesen
16-Pearl

SVG Export From Isodraw not looking right in Editor

The issue we are seeing is that when we use svgs in editor everything is showing that was in the isodraw file. PTC support says that clippath element is ignored by IsoView. What do you do to your svgs to get them to clip properly in Editor, web and pdf output. We are currently using CGMS and they operate as expected. The image attached shows an extra arrow that is in the isodraw file (blue box), with the cgm the image cropped (Inner black box) to just show the image, where the svg shows shows everything. When the svg is viewed in a web browser it looks as expected also.

Thanks

Bryon

2 REPLIES 2
byork
17-Peridot
(To:bfriesen)

I was finding recently that a SVG would not behave as well.  Out of curiosity, are you stuck with using SVG?  I find an EPS tends to work best.  I usually will down convert the EPS to version 3. 

Also you might reference this article.  Not sure if it will help you or not. 

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS194427?&language=en&posno=9&q=svg%20size&source=search 

bfriesen
16-Pearl
(To:byork)

Thanks for the response. We are not using svgs yet. We are currently using CGMS for editor then publishing to pdf using the postscript. We are wanting to create a help system and it seems that CGMS are only viewable by the old internet explorer. Our thoughts were get the best of both worlds by using SVGs. Vector and fairly light weight and can be viewed by everything. I am open to suggestions of other options. From my conversation with technical support, it is because editors limited SVG interpretation. I guess the only other option will be to clip the Isodraw images to the hatch pattern. That way nothing needs to be clipped.

Excerpt from support call:

The SVG clipPath element is meant to clip/hide the unwanted area - which works as designed in Chrome, whereas IsoView's limited SVG interpreter ignores that element.

Without having a look at the source IsoDraw file, I am assuming this a so called masked area. 

As a workaround those elements could be removed on the authoring side.

Today IsoView only supports a subset of SVG Tiny. It's unlikely that IsoView will be enhanced to interpret additional SVG elements, as the main tools to view SVG files would be typical browsers.

Thanks

Bryon

Top Tags