cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Show only current cycle changes

ptc-3063012
1-Newbie

Show only current cycle changes

Hello,

When we first publish documents for our clients it will be cycle 1. Clients review and mark changes and in that case it will be cycle 2 and increments there after until there are not edits in the document.

We had modified ArborText change tracking tags to have"cycle" attribute to it. Using an external transform program we input the cycle information into the XML file on all change tracking markups. In addition our DTD has <document> as a root element which also as a cycle attribute. This cycle information is pulled from our CMS that tell the file what is the latest cycle. Here is the sample.

Original source in cycle 1:

This is a text from initial cycle.

Original source XML markup:

<para>This is a text from initial cycle.</para>

Cycle 2 edit - replace the existing text with 'This is a text from cycle 2':

<strike>This is a text from initial cycle.</strike> This is a text from Cycle 2.

Cycle 2 XML Markup

<para><atict:del>This is a text from initial cycle.</atict:del> <atict:add>This is a text from Cycle 2</atict:add>

Cycle 2 XML Markup - post we running a transform

<para><atict:del cycle="2">This is a text from initial cycle.</atict:del> <atict:add cycle="2">This is a text from Cycle 2</atict:add>

Cycle3 edit - replace the existing text with 'This is a text from cycle 3':

<strike>This is a text from initial cycle.</strike> <strike>This is a text from Cycle 2.</strike> This is a text from Cycle 3.

Cycle3 XML Markup

<para><atict:del cycle="2">This is a text from initial cycle.</atict:del> <atict:add cycle="2"><atict:del>This is a text from Cycle 2</atict:del></atict:add><atict:add>This is a text from Cycle 3</atict:add>

Cycle3 XML Markup - post we running a transform

<para><atict:del cycle="2">This is a text from initial cycle.</atict:del> <atict:add cycle="2"><atict:del cycle="3">This is a text from Cycle 2</atict:del></atict:add><atict:add cycle="3">This is a text from Cycle 3</atict:add>

Here is what my issue issue is - In ArborText I can see the change markups of all the cycles and there are times our cycle go beyond 50+ thereby making it difficult for the users. Our users want to see the edits made in the current cycle. So is there a way to style using AT Styler to achieve the following:

1. Hide all deleted text i.e., hide all <atict:del text="> if my cycle number in the change tracking markup is less than the cycle number in document.

2. Only show insertion and deletion as changed markup that does not have have

a. No cycle attribute in it - since the transform is not done initially

b. Cycle number of document and change tracking are same.

Karthik

1 REPLY 1

Hi Karthik

I can't help you with errorswith custom attributeson <atict:> tags. Sounds dicey from previous posts.

One thing we have been able to do is hide <atict:del>'s through Styler, something that Editor can't do out of the box like Word for example.

Using it as an optional view is clunky and presents administration challenges since it involves switching stylesheets midstream, but you might be able to work something out.

In Styler, you can add <atict:del> as a new element with Style set to Inline (and Font set to Strikethough); from there you should be able to derive an XPATH Condition where Font is set to Hidden based on your needs.

- Lou

Lou Argyres

Continuing Education of the Bar - California

300 Frank Ogawa Plaza, Suite 410

Oakland, CA 94612

Lou.Argyres@ceb.ucla.edu

Top Tags