cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Some CGMs not showing up in PDF

CS_10053519
4-Participant

Some CGMs not showing up in PDF

We're having a problem where some graphics are not showing up in our PDFs. Most graphics appear without a problem, but some more complicated graphics appear as just a blank space with the Figure's name below.  We use CorelDraw to create the CGMs. Add them into the DMs in Arbortext, and PDF in Windchill.

Anyone else ever have this problem?

When we try working on it in IsoDraw to export as a CGM we get a polygon warning. See attached.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Our solution has been to download a .dwg version of the illustration (we were using pdf versions), open via IsoDraw to insert callouts and make the .cgm, and not use COREL at all. Opening a pdf in Corel was causing the problem, it creates a thousand separate little lines and triangles. Opening a .dwg in IsoDraw completely bypasses that issue.  I'm slowly getting our team trained in using IsoDraw so we can abandon Corel.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

What happens if you make the images PDFs, then reference the pdf. We do this for our schematics.

Bryon
CS_10053519
4-Participant
(To:bfriesen)

It still won't show up. 

The pdf image created from corel draw shows the image in the pdf? When inserting the pdf file into editor do you see the image, but when creating a pdf from Editor it does not show up? 

Bryon

CS_10053519
4-Participant
(To:bfriesen)

I can create a PDF from Coreldraw and open it/view.  When I insert the pdf file in editor I do not see the image (yes, I turned graphics view on), and when I create the PDF from editor it does not show up in the manual either. I included a screenshot - the graphic ID shown (10286-A-003) is the PDF inserted, all you see is the little X, but you can see the graphic below it (a cgm) is appearing.

CS_10053519_0-1674491168189.png

What version of Editor are you running?

What version of CorelDraw are you running?

Can you change the version of cgm that you are importing. We use IsoDraw and our is set to webcgm 2.1.

Bryon

Our solution has been to download a .dwg version of the illustration (we were using pdf versions), open via IsoDraw to insert callouts and make the .cgm, and not use COREL at all. Opening a pdf in Corel was causing the problem, it creates a thousand separate little lines and triangles. Opening a .dwg in IsoDraw completely bypasses that issue.  I'm slowly getting our team trained in using IsoDraw so we can abandon Corel.

Top Tags