cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Start and Restarting Publishing Engine...

ptc-4339537
1-Newbie

Start and Restarting Publishing Engine...

How to start and restart the Publishing Engine?

Is there any specific way to do that?

I have a custom style sheet from PTC, need to copy those files to the folder specified in PE server, then install updates, then I need to restart PE server and tomcat server.

Reagrds,

Sudhi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SirkoRudolph
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-4339537)

Hi Sudhi,

If you only need to make an updated stylesheet available you can use the Publishing Engine administrative interface which is available through http:/<yourpehost>:<port>/e3

On the main page there is a link "Reload Subprocesses". This will reload all cached stylesheets.

The advantage of this method is that you don't need access to the server console for this - you can call this from any web browser that can connect to the PE server.

Regarding starting PE in general you only need to start or restart the Tomcat service. Normally you do that from the "Services" applet in Windows.

Hope that helps.

Kind regards

Sirko

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SirkoRudolph
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-4339537)

Hi Sudhi,

If you only need to make an updated stylesheet available you can use the Publishing Engine administrative interface which is available through http:/<yourpehost>:<port>/e3

On the main page there is a link "Reload Subprocesses". This will reload all cached stylesheets.

The advantage of this method is that you don't need access to the server console for this - you can call this from any web browser that can connect to the PE server.

Regarding starting PE in general you only need to start or restart the Tomcat service. Normally you do that from the "Services" applet in Windows.

Hope that helps.

Kind regards

Sirko

Thanks Sirko. I tried and It worked.

Top Tags