cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Styler output different from PE

Darquise
11-Garnet

Styler output different from PE

I made some minor style changes to my styler stylesheet. When I preview PDF with Styler my changes are OK. When I test with PE, my changes are not honored. I restarted tomcat, ensured stylesheets were copied to appropriate folders etc. What am I missing?!

5 REPLIES 5

There is no trick - the process is as you describe. Make Styler changes locally and test out. Copy the updated Styler files to your PE server. Restarting Tomcat is a good idea to ensure all caches are cleared.

Note that Styler can have module files that also need to be copied. Assuming you have copied the correct files across, then the only other thought is to do with access permissions. Do you have local admin privileges on the PE server? If not, you may not actually be able to copy files into the custom folder. You could try comparing the PE files versus the files you have locally using a tool such as WinMerge.

I do have admin privileges on the PE server. I re-checked my files and did a winmerge and everything matches. I removed "bak" files and restarted tomcat and still it doesn't match.

Then in that case PE is not loading the Styler files from where you think it is. Have you checked the APTCUSTOM environment variable? You can also try loading PE Interactive on the server and use the Help/About menu to explore the environment settings or do some further testing that way.

Gareth, you were right - there was another file. The Standard DITA Stylesheet! The change I made was in that stylesheet. So i copied the element locally, restarted tomcat and it works! Thanks for helping me troubleshoot 🙂

Glad to help! Those DITA stylesheets can be a bit fiddly 🙂

Top Tags