cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Styler page number start at attrbute value functionality fosi help

apco
1-Newbie

Styler page number start at attrbute value functionality fosi help

HI, I need to reset a page number according to an attribute valu, nfortunately the styler start at functionality is not working. I am still using the fosi engine, so no support.

I am trying to overide the fosi to fix it but am stuck. The attibute value is set on a chapter type element, and I am using an enumurat with setvalue=2 for folioct, with my fillval picking up the appropriate attname value and attloc, but it isn't working.

Has anyone else using Styler hit this problem and been able to implement a working solution?

Thanks,

Tracey

6 REPLIES 6
apco
1-Newbie
(To:apco)

BTW I am using sgml data using DTD Reference : ATA-TEXT//DTD CMM-VER8-LEVEL2   

With native FOSI, the attribute value that is fillvaled into the enumerat with setvalue=2 must be on the top/first tag in the document. I don't know how it works with Styler.

Good luck!

Suzanne Napoleon

www.FOSIexpert.com

"WYSIWYG is last-century technology!"

Hello Suzanne,

Thankyou, I found that little gem in your book   And added the @pgblknbr to the root element.

I have now applied the fillval and enumerat to a pgblk (chapter type) element and can see that it is picking up the attribute value correctly via a usetext.

However, I am unable to get the foliostr in the page footer to correctly pickup the foliostr from the element. The pgblk is also where I am applying the pageset (on the breaks menu) however I expect that the foliostr is being reset again in the pageset. I cannot seem to find anywhere in the pageset to insert the fillval?

Are you able to offer any further clues?

Thanks,

Tracey

I'm glad to hear Practical FOSI was helpful 🙂

If I correctly understand you, I suggest saving the counter to a different string variable and changing the footer to output that string. You may need an otherwise duplicate pageset for this purpose.

HTH!

Suzanne

Thanks Suzanne, I tried that,.. and the new stringdec (pgblk_foliostr) in the page footer displays as the attribute value.. but it's not incrementing.... sorry, I've not played around with folioct and foliostr before, so am a little unsure how to fix it. IS there a particular section in your book you think would be helpful?

Thanks,

Tracey

Can you export the Styler stylesheet to a FOSI?

Top Tags