cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Terminal Services for Arbortext Styler?

dmacrae
1-Newbie

Terminal Services for Arbortext Styler?

Hi we have 6 'Arbortext Editor - Locked License' V7.0, 1 'Arbortext Styler'-floating license V7.0 (currently installed 6.1), and 3 'Arbortext Print Composer'  V7.0 (currently installed 6.1). We currently have 8 editors, leaving 2 unable to edit. We were wondering what are our options are to get a license of Arbortext onto a terminal server so that our editors can essentially "take-turns" utilizing the licenses for the workflows? I understand that we would need to apply a floating license to the terminal server versus a node-locked license, but does anyone know if it's possible to upgrade a license to a flexnet floating license?

On an aside, is there any trouble with a floating arbortext installed to a terminal server talking to a flexnet server for use of the publishing engine?

Reference:

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS23456&art_lang=en&posno=1&q=terminal%20server&source=search

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

In the past we have been able to substitute "Registered User" licenses for "Node-Locked". The Registered User licenses will work the same as floating user licenses. The difference is you must purchase one per user, whereas floating can be shared between users. There is also an upgrade fee you can pay to switch node-locked licenses to full floating licenses.

You would need to work with PTC direct sales or an approved channel partner on this. Presumably you can go back to the person/company you purchased the original licenses from?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

In the past we have been able to substitute "Registered User" licenses for "Node-Locked". The Registered User licenses will work the same as floating user licenses. The difference is you must purchase one per user, whereas floating can be shared between users. There is also an upgrade fee you can pay to switch node-locked licenses to full floating licenses.

You would need to work with PTC direct sales or an approved channel partner on this. Presumably you can go back to the person/company you purchased the original licenses from?

Alright great! Yeah, I just wanted to look at my options prior to contacting my reseller and confirm that it was possibility to do an upgrade fee from node-locked to floating. I will contact my reseller to get that quote, so thanks Gareth!

Top Tags