cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Text before the generated chapter number

bfriesen
16-Pearl

Text before the generated chapter number

I would to have the word STEP show up before the generated chapter number. In styler, Under elements, I have found the element title in chapter, and under generated text it has add before element content the number 1. If I click on edit it brings me to the add before - title screen all that is in there is a yellow box. how do I add STEP to this, Why can I not modify the yellow box? Am I even in the right place to modify the chapter number?

Bryon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Click on details.. button and add "STEP " as a label.label.png

/Krister

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Click on details.. button and add "STEP " as a label.label.png

/Krister

Thank you, I was close to the right spot thanks for the assistance, I did find that initially and changed one instance, but it did not do anything so I changed it back. Now I went and modified all instanaces of where numbers were shown and it seems to work. One more question, now the spacing showing up in the TOC is to Close to the generated text. I have played around alittle bit and found that the spacing is set to Em-space. Should this be set to something else??

10-22-2013+9-45-51+AM.jpg

10-22-2013+9-42-01+AM.jpg

I would stick to the em space for the title, but change the tab (and indent) value for the TOC itself. Go to TOC tab in the styler, select the toc, click on Format, and then Details (under indent levels). Change Follow numbers with to tab and increase the value to some em space that works for you (6em?).

Thank you again, it was a little looking as I did not have a plain TOC listed under the TOC tab. I did find it under bookToc-chapter. Can the "tab to" setting also be a em space, mine is in inches?

thanks

Bryon

You can use in, cm, mm, pc, pt, px or em. I tend to use em, makes it easier to maintain over time.

Krister

Top Tags