cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

! Too late for \patterns.

ptc-1908075
1-Newbie

! Too late for \patterns.

OK, here's one for y'all:

Before I contact technical support, has anyone seen this formatting error message?

Runtime error formatting document: main:Error=[A11460] Formatter error on page -1.
! Too late for \patterns. This is an internal error and is probably not recoverable.

The document doesn't preview, and no cache files are created. FWIW: \patterns would appear to be TeX.

This started happening yesterday. I tried the document and FOSI from the previous day, which had formatted without problem, and I get the same error with them. Which suggests the problem is not in the docs or FOSIs. 😞

I am running 6.0 F000.

Thanks for any insight! (BTW: How is the font size in this email?)

Suzanne Napoleon
www.FOSIexpert.com
"WYSIWYG is last-century technology!"
4 REPLIES 4

Font size looks good!

As far as your problem is concerned - like they say on "The IT Crowd"; "Have you tried unplugging it and plugging it back in again?".

Seems like something is corrupted. Perhaps you need a reinstallation of Arbortext Editor/Print Composer/PE?

I suspect reinstallation is what is needed. I'm indulging in some wishful thinking, hoping someone will say: "All you gotta do is ..."

Anyway, I found out about the font size 🙂

Suzanne

It’s probably too late for this answer, no pun intended. The only thing I can find out about TeX patterns is that it has something to do with hyphenation. Did you incorporate some new hyphenation rule(s) in your FOSI?

Nope. And since there's no .tex file in the cache because there is no cache, there is no info.

I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and reinstall.

Suzanne

Top Tags