Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trail version for EMC Documentum repository connector

SOLVED

Re: Trail version for EMC Documentum repository connector

Thank you. Unfortunately I do not have required access on provided link.

Your web account does not hold the following required privileges to access this application:

• Customer Service Access

Also, as it is bundled and supported for WDK/Weebtop, Do i need to install on same machine as Webtop deployed on server.

When I downloaded trail version , found only 1 ~800 MB executable to install.

Or only DFC installed on that machine on same machine i install Trail version of Arbortext editor ? to connect to repository / WDK / WebTop.. how it works ?

Message was edited by: Mitesh Kothari

Message was edited by: Mitesh Kothari

Downloading the zip file from the PTC website to the Arbortext Editor client machine, I get a zip file.

MED-71939-CD-061_M030_Win64.zip file

Extract that into a temp directory I see 4 directories created

docs, flexlm, server, windows

The content of the server folder needs to be installed on the Documentum Serve

In the Windows folder is a setup.exe file used to install Arbortext Editor.

The docs directory contains installation instructions and release notes.

The flexlm directory contains the license manager.

Getting following error while providing license key. I received from PTC support, but unable to use.

PTC_Arbortext_license_issue.png

Can someone suggest what can be the issue ? What will be the value for enviornment variable ?

Key --> PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE

Value --><<Path_to_license_file.txt>>;<<Port>>@<<hostname_name>>

OR

Value --><<Port>>@<<hostname_name>>

OR

Value --><<Path_to_license_file.txt>>

The clue to your problem is in the dialog box screenshot "Cannot checkout an uncounted license within a Windows Terminal Services guest session". Note that Remote Desktop (RDP) or Windows 7 Virtual PC (Windows XP Mode) are also considered Windows Terminal Services sessions.

Basically, locked licenses cannot be used in this way. Only floating licenses can be used within Windows Terminal Services sessions.

More info here: http://communities.ptc.com/thread/55318

Thank you I will check with PTC support directly - also want to check on Key - value pair combination to be used, once i get valid license ?

The three examples you gave all look OK for PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE. You can point to a license file, a license server or a combination of those separated by semicolons.

Thank You ! You are Super Fast :-)

I will not get support before my tomorrow from PTC :-( Do we have any other contact for support for APAC region ? any idea ?

Your best bet is to not use Remote Desktop. If you absolutely need to remote in then use VNC instead, this won't trigger the license issue. PTC Support will take a while to issue a different license type, assuming they are allowed to issue trial floating licenses. Normally your PTC sales rep (or partner rep) would handle this interaction for you.

Thanks for response.

I am not using RDC.. I have 1 windows server machine and on that setup is done , license is also on same server / filesysytem and I using that machie as RDC.. hope that should be OK.