cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Update preferences for .iso files

thendricks
3-Visitor

Update preferences for .iso files

If I create a new file the preferences, at that moment, are permanently embedded in the file. If I update the preference file and then open the file created prior, only the preferences available at that time appear. Anyone know of a workaround other than writing a macro to set each preference to the new setting? This seems to be a lot of effort for a simple task. Any ideas?
5 REPLIES 5

Hello Trevor, the behavior that you described is wanted functionality, otherwise you would always "inherit" the settings of the IsoDraw with that you open the file. Among other reasons, e.g. when working with service providers, that would be a real challenge. The macro approach is a way to go, but I admit it is a bit an effort. I did not try it before, but maybe a macro that reads from the app and applies to the file, may work? Effort once but no value is hard wired. Another way is to open a new file and import the layers, but actually this is not my favorite. regards, Christian

I've tried a macro approach to using the export layer command, but have had a lot of problems getting a variable to work for the layer names. I basically end up with a variable = "'Background' 'Standard'..." but I receive errors when implementing. This is a shortcoming that is causing me a lot of headache.

I would go for the macro approach first, then you have the application settings and the file already loaded, i.e. all in one place. Btw: Actually you need the import layer command if you want to use the layer approach. One disadvantage that I see immediately is that the creation date of the file is then no more correct. Regards, Christian

I'll continue my work with the import command. It's a little more complicated using that method, but if it works, that's what is needed. In regards to file date, it doesn't really matter. In our case at least, the art is used in a PDF output and the PDF is archived.

This may not be the prettiest solution, but it works. Note that I am removing bounding boxes so they can be reapplied later. If you do not need this, make sure to remove it as it unlocks everything and deletes anything with a "No pen" line type. Just a note as well that I have put in a request for an enhancement to address this issue. The tracking number for the enhancement is E6983591.
Top Tags