cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Using Windchill as the CMS for Adobe Framemaker

JX475
2-Guest

Using Windchill as the CMS for Adobe Framemaker

My firm is transiting to Windchill. I am wondering if it is possible to use WC as the Content Management System for our Adobe Framemaker data.

Thanks!

Adam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You can store any sort of file in Windchill, but I think what you're asking is for an integration between Framemaker and Windchill. Arbortext has this integration built-in (e.g. click here), but I'm not aware of one for Framemaker. There is an API for integrating third-party software with Windchill but that would take quite some effort (easily into six figures). It's cheaper, easier, better to use Arbortext with Windchill but of course that may not be an option your team is willing to pursue.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

You can store any sort of file in Windchill, but I think what you're asking is for an integration between Framemaker and Windchill. Arbortext has this integration built-in (e.g. click here), but I'm not aware of one for Framemaker. There is an API for integrating third-party software with Windchill but that would take quite some effort (easily into six figures). It's cheaper, easier, better to use Arbortext with Windchill but of course that may not be an option your team is willing to pursue.

Top Tags