cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

What's our best option for 2 CADprocess and 2 Foundation?

TimSharp
6-Contributor

What's our best option for 2 CADprocess and 2 Foundation?

We are a small drawing office and have 4 computers running node locked licences of Isodraw and 1 computer running CADprocess. We are increasingly finding it difficult to cope with just 1 CAD process, but don't want to have another completely stand alone computer running an extra Foundation + CADprocess licence with the costs that entails. There are only 4 of us in the drawing office so I thought it would make sense to have 4 copies of foundation and 2 floating CADprocess upgrade licences so 2 of us at a time can use CAD process from our own computers. My boss just phoned PTC to ask the cost of a floating licence and was told £11,000 - That's nearly 18,000 US dollars! I'm finding this difficult to believe. Every CAD program I've used in the past has had a floating licence by default, so has something been missed and the real cost is not that high? Remember we already have 5 Isodraw licences, including the CADprocess one, so all we are wanting to do is reduce down to 4 licences, but have 2 floating CADprocess licences - would we get some credit for what we already have? Any advice would be gratefully received.
3 REPLIES 3

If you already have IsoDraw Foundation node locked and you want to get to IsoDraw CADprocess functionality node locked you would upgrade with Arbortext IsoDraw "3DX." It is not necessary to purchase a new full version of IsoDraw CADprocess for this. Of course you can upgrade from node locked to floating at the same time. You should compare the differences in upgrading node locked to node locked and node locked to floating. What will work best for your illustration requriements?

"Tim Sharp" wrote:

We are a small drawing office and have 4 computers running node locked licences of Isodraw and 1 computer running CADprocess. We are increasingly finding it difficult to cope with just 1 CAD process, but don't want to have another completely stand alone computer running an extra Foundation + CADprocess licence with the costs that entails. There are only 4 of us in the drawing office so I thought it would make sense to have 4 copies of foundation and 2 floating CADprocess upgrade licences so 2 of us at a time can use CAD process from our own computers. My boss just phoned PTC to ask the cost of a floating licence and was told £11,000 - That's nearly 18,000 US dollars! I'm finding this difficult to believe. Every CAD program I've used in the past has had a floating licence by default, so has something been missed and the real cost is not that high? Remember we already have 5 Isodraw licences, including the CADprocess one, so all we are wanting to do is reduce down to 4 licences, but have 2 floating CADprocess licences - would we get some credit for what we already have? Any advice would be gratefully received.

We are 4 illustrators, (each with standard Isodraw) who need CAD Process a lot nowadays, so we're constantly hogging the computer with the CADprocess version of Isodraw (this is a 'spare' computer at the moment). We're considering whether we should: 1. Get 1 more copy of CADprocess and have it running on yet another 'spare' computer 2. Have a floating licence with 2 copies of CADprocess and 2 standard so any of us can access it when required from our own computers 3. Upgrade all our node locked standard licences to CADprocess. It's all down to cost. If the floating licence really does cost £11,000 that's way out of reach. We need advice on what is the most efficient and cost effective way for us to do this. Can we have a cost breakdown of each method? What is the cost to upgrade with Arbortext IsoDraw "3DX."?

Tim, I believe Scott can help you with this or point you to other persons. I recommend you both get in touch and discuss your options. regards, Christian
Top Tags