cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

With FOSI Technicals, how to change the order of an index

dgopois
12-Amethyst

With FOSI Technicals, how to change the order of an index

Hello

With FOSI techniques, I generate an index. I would like to sort my index by displaying the numeric entries after the aphabetic entries? How to do ?

KInd regards

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

To output numeric entries after alphabetic entries in the index, you need to modify e-i-cs for final indexing markup as follows:

1. In the e-i-c for <ixpregrp>, code Suppress and Savetext conrule="#CONTENT".

2. In an e-i-c for <ixalphagrp> occur=last, code Usetext placemnt="after" to output the text variable saved in the e-i-c for <ixpregrp>.

Indexing is documented in Arbortext Help and also in much greater detail in my book Practical FOSI (which is available for purchase at fosiexpert.com/Practical-FOSI.html), including information on displaying final indexing markup in the Edit window. The image in Figure 137 shows final index markup in DTD order with numeric entries in <ixpregrp> followed by alphabetic entries in <ixalphagrp>. 

Suzanne Napoleon
"WYSIWYG is last-century technology!"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

To output numeric entries after alphabetic entries in the index, you need to modify e-i-cs for final indexing markup as follows:

1. In the e-i-c for <ixpregrp>, code Suppress and Savetext conrule="#CONTENT".

2. In an e-i-c for <ixalphagrp> occur=last, code Usetext placemnt="after" to output the text variable saved in the e-i-c for <ixpregrp>.

Indexing is documented in Arbortext Help and also in much greater detail in my book Practical FOSI (which is available for purchase at fosiexpert.com/Practical-FOSI.html), including information on displaying final indexing markup in the Edit window. The image in Figure 137 shows final index markup in DTD order with numeric entries in <ixpregrp> followed by alphabetic entries in <ixalphagrp>. 

Suzanne Napoleon
"WYSIWYG is last-century technology!"

Hello Suzanne,

Thank you for your solution.

Kind Regards

David

Top Tags