cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

With FOSI Technicals, how to change the order of an index

dgopois
12-Amethyst

With FOSI Technicals, how to change the order of an index

Hello

With FOSI techniques, I generate an index. I would like to sort my index by displaying the numeric entries after the aphabetic entries? How to do ?

KInd regards

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

To output numeric entries after alphabetic entries in the index, you need to modify e-i-cs for final indexing markup as follows:

1. In the e-i-c for <ixpregrp>, code Suppress and Savetext conrule="#CONTENT".

2. In an e-i-c for <ixalphagrp> occur=last, code Usetext placemnt="after" to output the text variable saved in the e-i-c for <ixpregrp>.

Indexing is documented in Arbortext Help and also in much greater detail in my book Practical FOSI (which is available for purchase at fosiexpert.com/Practical-FOSI.html), including information on displaying final indexing markup in the Edit window. The image in Figure 137 shows final index markup in DTD order with numeric entries in <ixpregrp> followed by alphabetic entries in <ixalphagrp>. 

Suzanne Napoleon
"WYSIWYG is last-century technology!"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

To output numeric entries after alphabetic entries in the index, you need to modify e-i-cs for final indexing markup as follows:

1. In the e-i-c for <ixpregrp>, code Suppress and Savetext conrule="#CONTENT".

2. In an e-i-c for <ixalphagrp> occur=last, code Usetext placemnt="after" to output the text variable saved in the e-i-c for <ixpregrp>.

Indexing is documented in Arbortext Help and also in much greater detail in my book Practical FOSI (which is available for purchase at fosiexpert.com/Practical-FOSI.html), including information on displaying final indexing markup in the Edit window. The image in Figure 137 shows final index markup in DTD order with numeric entries in <ixpregrp> followed by alphabetic entries in <ixalphagrp>. 

Suzanne Napoleon
"WYSIWYG is last-century technology!"

Hello Suzanne,

Thank you for your solution.

Kind Regards

David

Top Tags