cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

XML cross referencing.

SindyYoung
2-Guest

XML cross referencing.

Ok, I am using Epic 5.3 with styler on an S1000D document. I am trying to do an internal cross reference from one element to another. Doing it the way the documentation says to do it, sorta kinda gets me what I want.

[cid:image003.png@01CADD59.01C5AB80]

[cid:image001.png@01CADD58.D30AEE90]

The problem is I cant get it to pick up the enumeration automatically and if I try to manually to type it in, this is what happens.....
[cid:image002.png@01CADD58.D30AEE90] It places the typed text between my generated text, Any IDEAS?

Sindy Young
AWACS Tools and Technology Team,
(253) 657-6964
Kent, WA 98032
3 REPLIES 3

Hi, Sindy...

What style do you have on the isolationStep element? There doesn't seem to
be any enumeration directly on it, so that might be the problem, but there
could be a way around that.

-Brandon 🙂

I work with 40051, not S1000D, but we have a similar issue.

Your isolationStep tag is not a step - the action is. Try assigning the id="is1.1" to <action id="StepIs1.1"> or something similar.

In our case we have an endblock with an ID as a container, but the step numbers actually start at the malfunction statement, ergo <endblock id="Eb5000-25"><malfunction id="Ma5000-25">[gentext step#] Generator is faulty.</malfunction><action>[gentext step#] Replace generator <xref stepstart="Ma5000-26">[gentext]Step 18[/gentext].</action> or something very similar to that. Our test blocks are the same way <testblock id="Tp5000-2"><step1 id="St5000-2"> and xref'ing to a testblock gets no gentext step# so we have to id the Step1 as well and link to that.

I assume you use the FOSI for print? 40051 has gone XSL-FO to print so the print output is different from the screen gentext - if you print via an FO, then print and see if you get a different result in a PDF.

Hope that helps,

John T. Jarrett CDT
Sr. Tech Writer, Tech Pubs, ILS, Land & Armaments/Global Tactical Systems

T 832.673.2147 | ext 1147 | -<">mailto:->
BAE Systems, 5000 I-10 West, Sealy, Texas USA 77474
www.baesystems.com

Thanks John
Top Tags