cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

XPath Override to Increment a Letter Number Format

TrevorN
5-Regular Member

XPath Override to Increment a Letter Number Format

Hello everyone, I'm fighting my way through the conversion of our legacy FOSIs into stylesheets. The canned numbering capabilities provided by Styler aren't working out for me.

I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to get a the lettered generated text from a previous element and increment it for the current element using the XPath Override in the Number Details screen. I'm using an ATA DTD that wraps paragraph elements and title elements inside of two other elements. I changed the title element to have block formatting so that I can add numbering to it, but now I'm running into problems when I try to use the Restart functionality in Styler. My title restarts at A, and so does the paragraph that follows it. Here is an example of the element structure that I'm working with.

<prclist1>

<prcitem1><prcitem><title>A. Here is my title</></prcitem></prcitem1>

<prcitem1><prcitem><para>A. Here is my para element </para></prcitem></prcitem1>

</prclist1>

I need to be able to add titles anywhere in a prclist and have the numbering continue from and/or to the paragraphs in the prclist.

In other sections of the document, I will have the same problem, but I'll be using numbers instead of letters.

I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
TrevorN
5-Regular Member
(To:TrevorN)

Ignore my post. I figured out how to get the numbering to work with the Xpath override.

Top Tags