Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alternate row shading

Re: alternate row shading

When I try this I am getting an error at the gray word, because the quote before it close the source string ... if I change to a single quote arround the gray word, it inserts the tag, but it is displayed as text ... Is my FOSI configured wrong?

Also, if I change the &lt; and &gt; to '<' and '>', the tag is not displayed, but it does not render either ...

There does not appear to be a way to handle row shading via the FOSI. I suggest using ACL.

Good luck!

Suzanne Napoleon

"WYSIWYG is last-century technology!"

But I am not doing row shading, I am doing cell shading, by adding the PI to the entry element ...

<e-i-c gi="entry">
      <charlist inherit="1" charsubsetref="TypeTable">
			<indent inherit="0" rightind="0pt" firstln="*0pt">
			<presp minimum="0pt" nominal="0pt" maximum="0pt" priority="force">
			<textbrk startln="1" endln="1">
			<savetext textid="background.color" conrule='!<?Pub _cellfont Shading="gray"?>!'>
					<usetext source='background.color'></usetext>
	</charlist>

I expected this to make all the cells gray ... It does nothing. If this work, I will use an attribute on the cell (called background-color) to set the color of the shade.

If I do give up on the FOSI route, how do I trigger the ACL to create the PI? Do I use a callback or a Hook?

Unfortunately, a FOSI-generated PI for shading a table cell has no effect, so I suggest using ACL to find the desired <entry> elements and insert the PI.

If you format/print/create PDF from an open document, you can call your function from the command line before formatting/printing/creating PDF; for example:

add_Shading()

If you use a script to format/print/create PDF, add the function before the format/print/create PDF command.

Good luck!

Suzanne

Thanks, Suzanne!

I am looking at formating the table for display only ... I am looking for the correct event to trigger the code.

will formatbeforehook be called before the XML is rendered for display?

Should I trigger an ACL function from FOSI?

Thanks,

Yakir

This is now outside my area of expertise. I suggest you start a new subject asking for advice on calling an ACL function to insert cell shading PIs in tables when a document is opened. It sounds like you also want to remove those PIs before formatting the document and when the document is closed -- true?

Good luck!

Suzanne