cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

arbortext 3b2 software encrypt dongle

ptc-6705383
1-Newbie

arbortext 3b2 software encrypt dongle

Hi, all

We are a publisher in China, we are using arbortext 3b2 paging software which has old parallel port encrypt dongle, we want to change our old parallel port encrypt dongle to USB encrypt dongle, we have more than 30 dongles to replace.
How does it cost? To whom, we should contact in China?

Thanks
George

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

As far as i know all APP related dongle replacements are managed by the German office, but you may want to contact - to be sure as you will need to send your dongle to them for any replacement, with or without active maintenance some charges do apply.

It may depend on the country that your company has the dongle registered.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

You will have to contact your PTC representative. I have heard that dongles are able to be replaced but only through a service centre in Germany. PTC has an office in Shanghai who should be able to assist. If you are not paying annual maintenance to PTC (as part of the PTC support program) then I believe a fee is applicable for each dongle that is to be replaced.

You will need to refer to 3B2 as "Arbortext Advanced Print Publisher" (APP for short). This is the current product name for 3B2.

Once you get USB dongles you may also need to install the latest Sentinel software which includes support for USB dongles.

BTW, a much easier and cheaper alternative would be to purchase USB-to-parallel port adapters. That way you can use parallel dongles even on modern computers which have no parallel port.

Hi Gareth Oakes

Thank you for your info

Would you plesae let me know the contacts info of PTC in Shanghai in China (telephone number, email etc.).

I made some call to Shanghai office, but always no one answered.

Do you know the cost of replace for one parallel dongle to USB one?

Thanks

George

If you go to the PTC web site (http://www.ptc.com/about/contact-us/offices) you can easily find the Shanghai contact information.

I don't know what costs are involved with replacing each dongle but I imagine it would be hundreds of dollars each.

Hi Gareth Oakes

I have made some call to Shanghai office before, but no one answered as well.

Do you know any other contacts who can assist us in China?

Thanks

George

As far as i know all APP related dongle replacements are managed by the German office, but you may want to contact - to be sure as you will need to send your dongle to them for any replacement, with or without active maintenance some charges do apply.

It may depend on the country that your company has the dongle registered.

George,

Did Chris Western's response assist you in getting someone to assist you with USB dongles?

I believe that the German office is where you will need to return your parallel dongles to receive the USB dongles.

Top Tags