Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bleed tabs

jonas.karlsson
1-Newbie

bleed tabs

Hi,

I have a FOSI related problem that I would be really glad if someone could help me with. I would like to produce bleed tabs in the margin of every recto-page. The description, in the help section "Advanced FOSI coding techniques", of how to create bleed tabs helps me a bit, but not all the way.

With the technique described in the help section a new bleed tab is inserted for each section. That is, a new page model is called for each section. This technique is a bit to static for me. In my case I want to have a new bleed tab for each chapter. The problem is that a chapter could use various page models, which makes the described technique impossible as far as I can see. What I need is a way to use bleed tabs independent of what page model that is currently used. If anyone have any experience of this kind of problems I would be greatful.

In the example described in the help the bleed tab is made with a simple boxing. In my case it is required rotaded text (chapter title) inside the bleed tab. I guess that isn't possible in some way with pure FOSI-work. My solution is to use a eps-file, that is manipulated with a script that inserts the relevant chapter title. If someone get a better idea on how to solve this, I would be really glad.

Thanks in advance

Jonas

Jonas Karlsson
Sorona Innovation AB
Ideon Research Park
SE-223 70 Lund, Sweden Phone: +46 (0)46 286 88 30
Fax: +46 (0)46 286 88 39
Mobile: +46 (0)733 519 209

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements