cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

catia v5 to pro engineer to isodraw 7

ptc-2764399
1-Newbie

catia v5 to pro engineer to isodraw 7

Hi, i have a problem, i need open a catia v5 file, with extension .CATpart, and save this file in .prt format for open the file in isodarw 7 to create a 2d representation, because isodraw 7 can't open .CATpart files. anyone can help me? thanks!
3 REPLIES 3

another question, how can translate a file with extension .igs to a native Pro/engineer file, when pass a file, and try open with isodraw, the program show me a error when rading a file, i'm suspect these error because when i save a file when open with pro/e, the file save isn't a native file of Pro/e Anyone can helpme plese? it's important. Thanks

Hi Graupera Gomes, opening a native Catia file within IsoDraw is not possible. IsoDraw 7.1 supports the so called ProductView Adapters and in the near future there will also be support for Catia Adapters (http://www.ptc.com/products/productview/3d-2d-supported-formats.htm). These can import the Catia files, however they require a Catia running in the background / on the server since the Catia API is used to translate the file. If you own a Catia version I recommend to save the file as a VRML / WRL file and then you can open it in IsoDraw CADprocess. Regarding the IGES file I am not sure I understand correctly. 3D IGES files can be opened in IsoDraw CADprocess directly. If you mean that you get an error on attempt to open the IGES I recommend that you contact PTC Support for further assistance Much success, Christian

Hi, I had the same problem and found that Catia files can be opened in Isodraw by using the igs extension. Convert the drawing to a 2D in the drop down menu. View the drawing in Isoview, ungroup, ungroup, ungroup...you can then select the drawing to generate a contour. Hope that helps!

Denise

Top Tags