cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

cgm graphics published in raster

nim112
2-Guest

cgm graphics published in raster

Hello,

I use .cgm files created in isodraw. These graphics have vector elements with text.

When I publish the file which contain these cgm graphics, they appear in raster format and the text is also not searchable.

I find this problem with AE 6 and AE 7. This was not the case in AE 5.3, 5.4.

Any settings that I need to change?

Regards,

Nim

6 REPLIES 6

Are you using editor for publishing and are you using APP. We found the same issue, we were using a fosi based style sheet at the time and there was a setting in editor that needed to be changed. See http://support.ptc.com/cs/help/arbortext_hc/ae61_hc/index.jspx?id=help17132&action=show

graphicapptransform should be set. Ours is cgm,idr,idrz,iso,isoz,svg:pdf.

Bryon

Hi,

Yes I am using editor for publishing, and like you I use a fosi based stylesheet.

I modified graphicapptransform to cgm,idr,idrz,iso,isoz:eps since I think eps is the closest vector based format available (in the article cgm is not supported).

I tested it but I still don't see a difference.

Thanks,

Nim

Do you have access to styler. If so, open your fosi style sheet, click file, stylesheet properties, print/pdf tab. Change the print engine from fosi to APP. Try to publish again. The issue now is that you have a fosi stylesheet. We had to get ours modified to use APP.

Bryon

Hi Bryon,

So I cannot get this done if I use a fosi stylesheet? I have to get my fosi modified to use APP, to enable this?

I have many different stylesheets so I need to get them all converted to get this enabled? How long did you take to modify your fosi to use APP?

Thanks,

Nim

I believe that was the conclusion that we came up with. I would convert one to test with. We had the consultants do it, so I am not sure how long it takes as we did a whole bunch of changes at the same time.

Bryon

Thanks Bryon,

I'll check if it works after conversion from fosi to APP. I will keep this discussion open until then, hopefully if someone finds an alternate solution.

~Nim

Top Tags