cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

conref content missing when publishing bursted content

JeffStevenson
2-Guest

conref content missing when publishing bursted content

Hi everyone,

I'm seeing an issue where conrefs are not resolving at publish time on bursted content. They do resolve in RDStyle in Editor.

I can reproduce when publishing representations from Windchill and publishing from Styler. If the files are on my local, they work just fine. When they are bursted to Windchill, the conrefs cannot resolve.

I'm using 6.1 M050, WC 10.2 M030. Anyone else experiencing this?

I saw that SPR2256329 addresses a conref resolve issue in M060. Does it pertain to this issue?

Thanks,

-Jeff

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I found a solution.

I used this setting...

set ditausenewrds=off

Now the conrefs are resolving correctly.

Thanks for the assistance.

-Jeff

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
rdiaz
5-Regular Member
(To:JeffStevenson)

Hi Jeff,

In 6.1 M030, we introduced a new RDS process, which as resulted in some similar issues.  Many of these are resolved by 6.1 M060, as the SPR you note above shows.

You should also be able to determine if this is the issue, and get a temporary workaround by using the following preference:

usenewditards = 'no'

This can be found in the Advanced Preferences dialog.

Let us know if this works.  Thanks!

Hi Rafael,

I checked the release notes for M030. It says to use ditanewusenewrds as the setting. Has the setting name changed?

Also, the release notes say that it is set to "off" by default. Have the settings changed?

Thanks,

-Jeff

Also neither setting is found in the latest ACL guide from M040.

I've tested both settings and neither are recognized in 6.1 M050.

I found a solution.

I used this setting...

set ditausenewrds=off

Now the conrefs are resolving correctly.

Thanks for the assistance.

-Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I guess I am having the same problem you had for contref. It happens to me that the link/xref on bursted topics won't work as well. Elements including href= "x-wc://file0012.xml" is not resolved or can't find topic id.

For example:

<xref format="dita" href="x-wc://file=000000376.xml" scope="local" type="topic"> topiclink</xref>

This doesn't show in PDF outputs. I am getting errors"

Referenced DITA target exists but topic "id" not found

". I also tried to resolve it using RDSylte. Arbortext couldn't find the reference as well.

Do you have any thoughts on this?

Top Tags