cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

display of full _pi´s

AndreasJaenchen
1-Newbie

display of full _pi´s

Hi,

is there a way to display the full value of an processing instruction. Were using processing instructions with many attributes and the arbortext editor prior 5.2 is displaying the full tag, but the newer versions cut them off and puts three points at the end. I have currently now clue how to activate this in some way?

thanks in advance for any ideas

Andreas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andreas

The limitation doesn't seem to be applied to tags as you mentioned (checked in both 5.4 and 6.0). See the screenshot below

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Andreas, can you provide a sample .xml, a screenshot with the current view and a screenshot with the desired view (from 5.2)?

Also, which version you're on now?

Dmitry, attached you´ll find the files with the pi´s. Before Arbortext editor 5.2 (5.1,5.0, 4.x) and from version 5.2 and above.

thanks

This restriction is set from PTC since version 5.2. All tags and pi´s are restricted to the length of 128 signs. This is hard coded, so currently nothing can be changed on this problem. A solution might an improvement from PTC.

Andreas

The limitation doesn't seem to be applied to tags as you mentioned (checked in both 5.4 and 6.0). See the screenshot below

Hi,

sorry but maybe you got a different version?

I tested it with Arbortext Editor 6.0 and the tag was cut off after an amout of chars. See the attached screen.

Also I received the answer from ptc, so I hope they know their code 😃

regards,

andreas

See the attached screens

You're using a custom DTD - could this affect the behaviour?

Did you try with DITA or Docbook documents?

No I didn't tried it with DITA or Docbook documents, cause we don't use them. We use a xml schema, but not with a dtd. I don't know if you can make such a restriction with a dtd? A dtd should not affect the internal handling of tags for the editor?

Andreas, can you try to open the sample DITA Topic (attached to the post) I used when making my screenshot in Editor 5.4 and/or 6.0? Does the tag gets cut on your installation?

If it does, this means that "cutting off" is not hardcoded and somehow dependent on the installation (since it doesn't on my side). With this information, you can ask your PTC contact to think again - there is defeinitely a way to disable "cutting off" for tags. Maybe there is one for disable for PIs as well?

If it doesn't, this means that "cutting off" is somehow dependent on DTD/Schema and/or doctype configuration (at least for tags. Unclear regarding PIs).

I opened and I got the same result as you. The tags won´t cut off as you mentioned. I will contact ptc as you suggest and link them to this discussion. Maybee its only for special documents restricted.

Thanks a lot for your work and investigation!!!

Andreas,

this is quite a while after you posted your last comment on this, but ...

is there a chance that PTC cleared up the confusion about PI length ?

I am using a xml dtd and I am down to where I am suspecting some dtd declaration file to mess up my unfortunately very lengthy PI's.

Not that I am using an declaration file but the catalog path always imports many more files then I care for.

I am on version 5.3 m080

Any wise words before I will have to run some external code first before I can edit the XML files ?

Sincerely

Sabine Thurston

Andreas,

I am using a xml dtd and I am down to where I am suspecting some dtd declaration file to mess up my unfortunately very lengthy PI's.

Not that I am using an declaration file but the catalog path always imports many more files then I care for.

I am on version 5.3 m080

Any wise words before I will have to run some external code first before I can edit the XML files ?

Sincerely

Sabine Thurston

Andreas,

I am on version 5.3 m080

Sincerely

Sabine Thurston

Andreas,

I am on version 5.3 m080

Sincerely

Sabine Thurston

Top Tags