cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

isodraw cgm VDc Extent

jkarlik
1-Newbie

isodraw cgm VDc Extent

Hi, I try export the cgm in WebCGM2.1 format with VDC Extent setting as Page size but export is still include  all points. What's wrong?. Thanks Jan.

6 REPLIES 6

Are you viewing in Editor? We had the same issue, if you want export it so editor obeys the vdc extent. In the Editor install folder you need to locate a file labeled IsoConvert.prf in the isoconvert folder. There is a setting in this file that says Use CGM VDC Extent:0, change the 0 to 1. Then save and reopen the program and try again.

Bryon

Hello, Thanks. For viewing I use IsoView or Creo Viewer. I tried it, but it is still the same.

Your advise is good but I need to set the VDC Extend in Isodraw Preferences.

How to set CGM export VDC Extent to "ON" for "Page size" ?

Thanks Jan.

In Isodraw, click on edit, then preferences, locate CGM Export. Click on advanced. We have our VDC extent set to page size.

Bryon

Hi,

Thanks. I have set this option VDC Extenet to Page size and still export all points. What is wrong ?

We have PTC IsoDraw CAD Process Release 7.3, M031 bilud  1.

Jan.

What program are you viewing the cgms in? If you create a cgm and reopen it in Isodraw it will not look like the original idr file. I have placed your cgm in a sidebyside and it looks fine to me.

Bryon10-23-2015 8-05-56 AM.jpg

Hi Bryon,

For viewing we used Creoview. The cgm in Creoview is shown badly - all points are shown (insted of Page size format).

If we used Styler, the cgm in Styler is shown correctly as Page size format. However, if we have transformed this file with cgm to PDF,

than the cgm is transfrom badly to PDF. All points in cgm are exported to PDF insted of Page size format.

We need transform the file to PDF with CGM illustrations set to Page size format.

Thanks, Jan.

Top Tags