cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

license_release doesn't always release the print composer license

RickSchoen
5-Regular Member

license_release doesn't always release the print composer license

In our Arbortext installation, we have a customized print command that preprocesses our XML files before generating a PDF. Once the PDF has been generated, the customized command issues the license_release( "PrintPublishing" ) command before it finishes.

Most of the time this works just fine, but occassionally (a few times each month), the print composer license will not be released. Since we only have one license, I will usually hear from our users that they haven't been able to get a license for and hour or two. When I check the license server log, I can see which user last checked out the license. If I ask them the manually release the license (I wrote a menu item just for this), the license is released when they do so.

Is there anything more I can do to ensure that the license is released when the release_license command is issued?

Thanks,

Rick

1 REPLY 1

Try to open a case with technical support: https://support.ptc.com/apps/case_logger_viewer/cs/auth/ssl/log

Top Tags