cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

macro

vijivenkadeshra
1-Newbie

macro

i am very new to macro in iso draw. can i get any training material to write macro

3 REPLIES 3

There is not a training module that I am aware of. There are a number of resources, however, to assist you.

First, I'd start by looking at the help guide in IsoDraw. It can be a little daunting for a newcomer, but it is the most complete resource. You can find it under the help menu. In 7.1 there was an actual line item for the macro help guide, in 7.2 you'll see it grouped under general help.Once you get into the help section, however, you will see a section for just macros. Don't read it straight through, but pick a couple simple things you want to do like selecting items, looping, etcetera.

This forum has hit some more of the troublesome issues and thus reading through some of the postings in the IsoDraw Macro section can be helpful. You'll see some samples such as looping through objects.

Third third, and argueably the most useful for a newby is the macro record function. You can record your actions and then view what was recorded. Note that it will not give you your final coding as you'll likely want to add variables such as where you clicked or where to draw a line, but you can see working examples of actual code.

If all else fails, ask on the forum. Someone always helps if they can.

Hello!

Here you can find guide "Arbortext IsoDraw Macro Language Reference" (for versions of Arbortext IsoDraw 7.1 F000): https://www.ptc.com/view?im_dbkey=95617

I highly recommend referencing the macro help for 7.2 even if you are running 7.1. There were a number of commands that were undocumented in the 7.1 manual, but were added in 7.2 (and are clearly marked as being available in 7.1). If you don't have it let me know.

Top Tags