cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

newbie style sheet help- getting picture to show on back of front cover

bfriesen
16-Pearl

newbie style sheet help- getting picture to show on back of front cover

Trying to get an image to show on the inside of the cover page, this image will need to change depending on book published. I am in styler and using the sma portion of the program. Do I need to change the ufe:smainsidefrontcoverpage ? Under gentext, i have add the markup to use productgraphic and have also tested ufe:SMAproductgraphic. In my ditamap I have a productgraphic listing and have the href set to the graphic location. Nothing seems to show up unless I insert the graphic directly onto the ufe:smainsidefrontcoverpage.

any help would be much appreciated.

Bryon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bryon, check the attached video

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Bryon, check the attached video

Thanks for the video, I have tried your suggestions in the video and I can duplicate it with the sample file. Thank you. I am now trying to use my own ditamap and graphic. I can not duplicate it. I am using a cgm graphic as my file. Is there a way to set this so my inside cover looks to the product graphic reference. I am wanting to use this for more that one book and would like to change the productgraphic in the main screen where the product.png is called up. I can double click on it and it does show me my graphic. I figured it has to be a path issue, so I put my graphic right beside the prodcut.png graphic and is still does not show.

Thanks for you help.

PS what program did you use to make your video??

Bryon, what Arbortext version and build are you using?

Are you getting any errors when composing the document? Can you provide your ditamap file or a screenshot of it where <productgraphic> and it's attributes are visible?

PS It's TechSmith Camtasia Studio.

We are using the latest 6.0 m020. No errors other than the what seems to be the standard three screens of warning, nothing that stands out. I will try to upload a video as we also have camtasia. Pictures only for now, we are also using the SMA portion of the program, not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Bryon, you should insert "image" inder the "productgraphic" element, not just add href to the "productgraphic".

See the screen below.

Thank you for all your help so far, one last question for now. I have added text to my productgraphic via the title element. This puts the text directly above teh graphic. If I want the text to be higher what element would I need to add to the ufe:smainsidefrontcoverpage. Would it work with a frontmatter element??

Thanks

Bryon

Check the attached screenshot.

You'd have to "fine-tune" the previously used "//productgraphic" to "//productgraphic/image" and change "Insert -> Only content" to "Element and content".

Also you'd have to add another element "//productgraphic/title".

After this, you'd only have to position the elements as needed using table's rows' height and/or columns' widths and align tools.

Thank you for all your assistance. It all worked well for me.

Thanks

Bryon

Top Tags