cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

proE callout-BOM list in cadprocess m030

ptc-248027
1-Newbie

proE callout-BOM list in cadprocess m030

Hi All, we do miss the possibility to select which metadata from pro-e files to connect to the callout lists! Today we only have part description (filename) available. Now we need to go "outside" isodraw to create translation tables that we read back into isodraw, not a nice solution. Has anyone been able to macro this process into something semi-automatic (or similar)? PTC, any future development? Thanks in advance Lars
3 REPLIES 3

Attached are two macros applying to translation. Note that it requires a layer named "English" that contains your base text. It then checks for Spanish and French layers. If they exist they are deleted. The English layer is then duplicated twice and each duplicate is renamed "Spanish" and "French" respectively. They are then exported. The import macro then brings in the file. You'll need to change the path for the PathLocation variable as it specifies the output location of the export macro and then in the second macro it specifies where the text files are imported from.

Thanks Trevor! That will solve another issue, great when working with language translations, thanks! Sorry to say, my English ain't too good, and I didn't initially explain my question too well. I'll try again with a little (?) more text, hope you all can stand! In pro-E files there are meta data embedded, such as part number (at least in our *.prt.x files. The unique key for pro-E files in our intralink server is though a document number... IsoDraw will only show us that document number. Although, a part number is of course of more use when creating parts lists, and no matter how we try to bring out that number from isodraw the only thing we see is the doc. number. To get correct hotspot info to correlate to the actual table containing part number, we need to export an text or xml list and manually add a column with the part number and then re-read into isodraw before creating callouts. It's a process likley to create a few mistakes! I guess we all have more or less different approach on how we work with doc vs part numbers in pdm systems and it would be of great use if isodraw could allow us to use whichever metadata it finds in the cad files. Considering all the various cad formats and that not all contain meta-data of this kind, why not allow us to directly link pdm data to our docs? I know the IsoDraw team is working on someting to help us make parts lists (Thanks for a great seminar in Gothenburg Mr Weidenbrück) but, what can we do until that release?.. Thanks Again Lars

We just switched over to IsoDraw in the last 1-1/2 months so I am not able to answer your question. Hopefully the moderator will have some useful advise. If I can determine a method, in the future, to address this I'll post it.
Announcements