cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

publishing a pdf with svgs

bfriesen
16-Pearl

publishing a pdf with svgs

We are currently thinking about switching from CGMS to SVGS to get our publish times down. When I created my test pdf using svgs, the items outside the bounding box in isodraw also show up in the pdf. Our editors use big models and show what they need to in the bounding box in Isodraw leaving the rest of the model outside the bounding box. With CGM's there is a isoconvert.prf file, in the editor install location, where I can specify to use the CGM VDC Extent (change 0 to 1). Then editor outputs only what is in the bounding box. PTC support says there is no optoin like this for svgs. What do other users do when using svgs?

Bryon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anuga
1-Newbie
(To:bfriesen)

Hey! I recommend the use of SVG! We use it a lot here, both for printing material but the exact same material for web. And that's why we converted all of out EPS to SVG.

However, we use Adobe Illustrator and Inkscape to make our SVG files and then add them to our material, via Arbotext and some APIs.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anuga
1-Newbie
(To:bfriesen)

Hey! I recommend the use of SVG! We use it a lot here, both for printing material but the exact same material for web. And that's why we converted all of out EPS to SVG.

However, we use Adobe Illustrator and Inkscape to make our SVG files and then add them to our material, via Arbotext and some APIs.

Top Tags