cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

"Quick reference" list that details the differences between ArborText Editor 5.3 and 6.1?

mbarron
1-Newbie

"Quick reference" list that details the differences between ArborText Editor 5.3 and 6.1?

We've just gone from 5.3 to 6.1 M030.  I was not allowed to access the release notes on ptcusercommunity.com ("Account not authorized").  Does such a "differences" list exist in an accessible place?

Thanks,

Mic

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:mbarron)

Hi Mic,

Please find the documents interesting you in the attachment.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Do you have access to the PTC support site?

https://www.ptc.com/support

Select the Arbortext tab, and then on the right hand side down under "eSupportTools" there is the link "Evaluate Releases with Update Advisor".

This will list the fixes made from the selected versions.

Also under "Quick Links" there is the link "Reference Document". This allows you access to the release notes of the different versions and there is a link to the Help Centers.

There's no "eSupport Tools" anywhere on the page, nor an "Evaluate..." anything.  I'm also unable to access the Reference Documents page without upgrading my account, which requires a Global Support agreement purchase.  I'll have to check with the appropriate department here at work to see if we've purchased this support agreement, but in the meantime it seems totally absurd to me that I can't even access the release notes without purchasing a support agreement.

I think I've found a link (through Google) to the Update Advisor, but again it denies me access.

rdiaz
5-Regular Member

Hi Mic,

The link to the Update Advisor is:

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/update_advisor/update_advisor.jsp

You do need to have a PTC login though, but that should be sufficient.

mbarron
1-Newbie
(To:rdiaz)

Thanks, I did take a look at that, but I'm hoping for something more... human-readable, if that makes sense.

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Hi Mic,

Please find the documents interesting you in the attachment.

Thanks, Vladimir.  Looks like a lot of the same info produced by the Update Advisor, but presented in a more orderly fashion.

Top Tags