cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

read a textfile with IsoDraw macro

jsmith-3
1-Newbie

read a textfile with IsoDraw macro

Is there any function within IsoDraw macro language that will read text from an external textfile?

Completely Frustrated,

Jim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

As in, I have a text file with a paragraph I want to insert, the answer is no. It does have some import abilities, and sometimes a hack will resolve the issue. Can you clarify what you are trying to do exactly? What does the source of the text file look like? What are you attempting to do with the content? What does the IsoDraw file look like when you try to do the import?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

As in, I have a text file with a paragraph I want to insert, the answer is no. It does have some import abilities, and sometimes a hack will resolve the issue. Can you clarify what you are trying to do exactly? What does the source of the text file look like? What are you attempting to do with the content? What does the IsoDraw file look like when you try to do the import?

Thanks for the response Trevor.

We are moving from another graphic editor. I have macros I use in that editor that gets information from a external textfiles. Some of these macros write to textfiles and then those files are used later.

These macros reads files line by line.  The data is seperated by delimiters which sparates it and places it in different variables to be used by the macro.

The only I see in IsoDraw that reads from a text file is batch.

Regards,

Jim

P.S. I am new to this forum. Do not really understand how points work here. Did not even now how to assign points so I could crank them up a little. This question is a problem I would really like to understand about this editor. I need to see how my hands a tied with the system. I use a lot of textfile I/O in macros.

Top Tags