cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

saving a Topic, closing it, cursor position upon opening

bfriesen
16-Pearl

saving a Topic, closing it, cursor position upon opening

If you are in a topic and the cursor is at the bottom of it and you save, then close. When you open the file you will be at the spot where you saved. Is there a setting to make the cursor go to the top automatically instead of scrolling?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Locate your folder com.arbortext.sma.folder
In this folder create two new folders labeled editinit, and init.
Create a new text document labelled cursor_at_top.acl

Open with a text editor, add the following line:

goto_oid(oid_first())

Everytime you open the document it will now open at the top. Thanks to PTC support (Tim P)

Bryon

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I believe going to preferences, Save, and then removing the check box next to 'Remove Arbortext PIs on Save' will stop this behavior.

It seems it is the other way around, tools, preferences, save, then add the check box to remove Arbortext PI;s on save. This now works as I would like.

From the help guide

Remove Arbortext PIs on SaveRemoves processing instructions generated by Arbortext software from the saved document.

Does this affect anythign else? What sort of situation would the program automatically add PI's to your document?

Just tried to insert a no page break PI, then save and closed, publsihed my document and was still incorrect so I went back into the topic and my PI was missing. Just an FYI if you are making the change. I will be putting a support ticket in about this.

Locate your folder com.arbortext.sma.folder
In this folder create two new folders labeled editinit, and init.
Create a new text document labelled cursor_at_top.acl

Open with a text editor, add the following line:

goto_oid(oid_first())

Everytime you open the document it will now open at the top. Thanks to PTC support (Tim P)

Bryon

Top Tags