test

Highlighted

test

Test. Please ignore.
Tags (2)
16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted

test

<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /> <br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /> <br /><br />From: Paul Grosso<br /> <br /><br />Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2005 5:55<br />PM<br /><br />To: adepters<br /><br />Subject: RE: oid_xpath_nodeset(context_oid,<br />result_array[], xpath_stmt)<br /><br /><br /><br /> <br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />You're not too confused--you've got most<br />of it correct.<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />The xpath_stmt is executed with<br />context_oid as what xpath<br /><br /><br /><br />calls the "current context<br />node". From here on, what happens<br /><br /><br /><br />depends on the xpath expression.<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />It's useful to compare what happens in a<br />hierarchical file<br /><br /><br /><br />system like Unix. If you give a relative<br />path such as:<br /><br /><br /><br /> foo<br /><br /><br /><br /> baz/zippo<br /><br /><br /><br /> ./bar<br /><br /><br /><br /> ../whatever<br /><br /><br /><br />it's all going to "travel"<br />starting at the current location.<br /><br /><br /><br />But if you give a path that starts with /<br />such as<br /><br /><br /><br /> /fred<br /><br /><br /><br />/home/alice/docs<br /><br /><br /><br />you are giving an absolute path, and it<br />will start with the<br /><br /><br /><br />root of the file system regardless of your<br />current location.<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />XPath says that a pattern that starts with<br />/ starts by matching<br /><br /><br /><br />the root regardless of the current context<br />node. So<br /><br /><br /><br /> /foo<br /><br /><br /><br />will only match if foo is your top level<br />element. In XPath (though<br /><br /><br /><br />here is where the analogy with file paths<br />breaks down), a double<br /><br /><br /><br />slash implies "all levels" (or<br />descendants) instead of just children.<br /><br /><br /><br />So<br /><br /><br /><br /> //foo<br /><br /><br /><br />will match all foo's in the document<br />(because it first goes back to<br /><br /><br /><br />the root) whereas<br /><br /><br /><br /> .//foo<br /><br /><br /><br />will match all foo's that are descendants<br />of the current context<br /><br /><br /><br />since the initial . makes this a relative<br />path rather than an<br /><br /><br /><br />absolute path, just as it does in file<br />paths.<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />The descendant axis (e.g.,<br />descendant::tag) is the same as<br /><br /><br /><br /> .//tag<br /><br /><br /><br />and will match all children,<br />grandchildren, etc. elements whose<br /><br /><br /><br />name is "tag". It will not<br />include the current node. If you want the<br /><br /><br /><br />node that contains the current node (aka<br />the current node's parent),<br /><br /><br /><br />you can say parent::tag or just<br /><br /><br /><br /> ..<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />Since XPath is a W3C standard, Arbortext<br />has not created documentation<br /><br /><br /><br />of our own for XPath. See &lt;a&lt;br/&gt;href="http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath"&gt;http://www.w3.org/TR/xpathfor the<br />standard.<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />paul<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /> <br /><br />&lt;span&lt;br/&gt;style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Tahoma;font-weight:bold'&gt;From:&lt;font&lt;br/&gt;size=2 face=Tahoma&gt; jdeeb<br /> <br /><br />Sent: Wednesday, 25 May, 2005<br />16:39<br /><br />To: adepters<br /><br />Subject:<br />oid_xpath_nodeset(context_oid, result_array[], xpath_stmt)<br /><br /><br /><br />The Epic help doesn't give any examples, and only meager explanation of<br />this function. I thought it worked by executing the 3rd parameter xpath<br />statement ONLY within the context of the first parameter oid and put the<br />results in the second parameter array. However, if I use // in the xpath<br />statement, it searches the entire document, even in the context_oid is only a<br />subpart of that document. If I put a '.' in front of the '//', it seems to<br />work, but frankly, I'm guessing at this, and I don't like to do that. Also, if<br />I use 'descendant::tag', I get all of the instances of tag within the<br />context_oid, but I thought descendant was supposed to give me the node that<br />contains the tag. I'm obviously confused. Has anyone used this function, or<br />does anyone know of any real documentation on it? <br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />&gt;&gt; To unsubscribe from the list, send an email to<br />listmanager@maillist.arbortext.com with the following in the body: unsubscribe<br />adepters - For additional information on the adepters list (how to subscribe or<br />unsubscribe etc), send an email to: listmanager@maillist.arbortext.com with the<br />following in the body: info Adepters - You may also go to forums.arbortext.com,<br />enter the Adepters folder and change your subscription options and<br />preferences.&gt;&gt; <br /><br /><br /><br />

Highlighted

test

test

Highlighted

Test

This is a test.

Thanks,
Gwen

Highlighted

Test

Got it!
Highlighted

Test

Ditto.

Highlighted

Test

Bonjour,

well I am the client. and this is not good client service. please erase my
name

Merci!

Guylaine Lacombe

Service Delivery Coordinator

(450) 647 - 4080

Email: Glacombe@csc.com

Highlighted

Test

Please disregard,

I posted a response to Sindy Young's "hiding elements" question and never saw my response on the Adepters list.

\ / Andy Esslinger LM Aero - Tech Order Data
_____-/\-_____ (817) 279-0442 1 Lockheed Blvd, Mail Zone 4285
\_\/_/ (817) 777 3047 Fort Worth, TX 76108

Highlighted

test

Still unable to post to adepters?

Highlighted

test

Hi Andy. We read you!

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 10:41 AM, Esslinger, Andy W <no-mail@anywhere.com>wrote:

>
> Still unable to post to adepters?
>
> \ / Andy Esslinger LM Aero - Tech Order Data
> _____-/\-_____ (817) 279-0442 1 Lockheed Blvd, Mail Zone 4285
> \_\/_/ (817) 777 3047 Fort Worth, TX 76108
>
>
>
Highlighted

test

Hi just testing a mail filter...
Highlighted

test

Highlighted

test

Did you see your post? Or just this reply?
Highlighted

test

Just this reply.
Highlighted

test

Sorry for this test, but I didn't send my last post twice. 😞

Lynn
Highlighted

test

I haven't been seeing my replies to the list on several occasions,
including a reply to Jason Buss today.

Apologies for spamming the list. This is just a test.

1380 Forest Park Circle, Suite 100

Lafayette, CO 80027

Office: 888.707.7846

Cell: 303.241.3653

jaiken@terraxml.com <">mailto:jaiken@terraxml.com>

www.terraxml.com

Read the TerraXML blog: Data-driven
Highlighted

test

FWIW I got this email but no others from you recently...
Announcements