cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Role Based App Thingworx Navigate & Windchill+ Task Based UI

PreetiGupta
14-Alexandrite

Role Based App Thingworx Navigate & Windchill+ Task Based UI

I think I have mentioned this couple of times that PTC is positioning Windchill+ new UI as task based UI.

What is PTC guideline on Thingworx Navigate roadmap position as role based app in future. Customers like us, JnJ have already on the path of developing role based apps for more than 5 years. These apps are extremely helpful for users who are just searching and downloading content. Is PTC going to position Navigate as their role based app tool? I think it will be great to understand what the future entails.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Great question and one that we can unpack further for JnJ specifically when we see you at LiveWorx! In short, ThingWorx Navigate continues to be the system of engagement for roles across the enterprise outside of Engineering to have intuitive role and task-based access to product data. Your use case of searching and downloading content is a spot on Navigate use case. Windchill & Windchill+ (for SaaS customers) serves as the home for those users who are authoring that product data, documents, and content. Those users authoring the content today are predominantly Engineering users and will be the primary users of the new Windchill UI.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Great question and one that we can unpack further for JnJ specifically when we see you at LiveWorx! In short, ThingWorx Navigate continues to be the system of engagement for roles across the enterprise outside of Engineering to have intuitive role and task-based access to product data. Your use case of searching and downloading content is a spot on Navigate use case. Windchill & Windchill+ (for SaaS customers) serves as the home for those users who are authoring that product data, documents, and content. Those users authoring the content today are predominantly Engineering users and will be the primary users of the new Windchill UI.

Top Tags