cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Is there a map of what was to what is for Windchill license management?

ScottMorris
17-Peridot

Is there a map of what was to what is for Windchill license management?

The existing web interface for license management is pretty confusing to work through and get information from. Is there a map of what the old tool did to what the new tool does to get a better understanding of what's different and better with the new web interface? 

8 REPLIES 8

This is what I am here to learn as well. Instead of making my own thread I will add a reply here to show interest. Is there a Webinar or something of the sort available to watch?

Thanks!

MaxPoe
5-Regular Member
(To:BW_10724682)

I shared a link to the License Management Guide | PTC in a previous response.  Within that guide, there are some trainings as well as other how-to recordings.

I can't reach this page. Is it locked behind a license or subscription?

MaxPoe
5-Regular Member

Sorry, I just updated to the correct links.  They should work now. 

Thank you so much!

Jaime_Lee
Community Manager

Hi, @BW_10724682 no this is the forum where community members are asking questions through community posting.  Perhaps, a webcast in the future  

I agree with the confusing part.

Bryon

MaxPoe
5-Regular Member
(To:ScottMorris)

The main difference is that we now show individual installable products.  You can sort by Product Package Description in order to view the individual parts that make up each product on your order.

We are working on a "simple filter" to easily view products by product family.  In the meantime, you can set filters using Product ID.  ThingWorx Product ID's start with TWA and TWX.  Windchill Product ID's start with WNC, WEC, WFP, WML, WPD, WPL, WSI, and NRM.

The biggest benefit of the new tool is that it saves your configurations which make it fast and easy to manipulate and retrieve license files. 

Training Materials can be found on the left side of the tool, using the button "License Management Guide".  This is a direct link: License Management Guide | PTC

MaxPoe_0-1717512585455.png

Top Tags