cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

3D Drawings viewed in ProductView

cc-2
6-Contributor

3D Drawings viewed in ProductView

Hello.

here is our current system:

Windchill PDMLink 9.0 M050, ProductView 9.0 M050 and we use Wildfire 4 M050.

We can create 3D drawings of components in ProE seamlessly and their vizualisation are OK (I just say ok because the size of the 3D annotations are not relative to the size of the components and they are not as dynamically viewed as in ProE, but the files are readable). For that, I would say, could be better but it does the job.

When we create assemblies, this is where things get messy. It is still easy to create the 3D drawings of assemblies using the previously mentioned components (ie 3D models with 3D annotations) and only see the 3D annotations for the assemblies. Unfortunately, once those data are checked into PDMLink and published, ProductView does not show what is expected. That is, one can see all the 3D annotations of all the components but none of the assembly itself.

Just imagine a bearing pin with all the 3D annotations. It is viewed OK in ProductView. Now built that pin in an assembly which uses it 10 times.

In productview you will see 10 times all the annotations of that pin and none for the assembly. It works ok in ProE but not in ProductView.

After investigation, we do not believe that we are doing something wrong but I keep it as a possibility.

Nevertheless, my questions are:

Have you experienced this ? have you solved it and how

Is that "bug" solved in 9.1 ?

Thank you in anticipation for your help

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hello -

Yes, This problem have been resolved in 9.1 PV.

cc-2
6-Contributor
(To:cc-2)

Hello

for those interested we have now updated to 9.1M050 and what a disappointment.

It is not fixed at all. It is better but there are still a lot of issues with 3D annotations. And PTC to tell us when we were hesitating to update it (3 weeks work on the server for a simple maintenance update) that it was all fixed in 9.1

This cannot be used at all to promote 3D drawings and 3D design intent. No one from sales, marketing. quality will buy this.

Why can't PTC make thing works simply. I have a nice 3D drawing in ProE, why can't I see the same in ProductView.

In other word, you see in ProductView what you check in.

Is there anybody who is trying to work with 3D drawings ?

Thanks

Top Tags