cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

3D connexion mouse problem - selection

okube?a
1-Newbie

3D connexion mouse problem - selection

Hello,

I´ve got problem with 3D mouse SpaceMouse Wireless. When I´m using Creo Parametric 3.0 and I do some work in assembly...like activate one of models...do some changes...regenerate, it will appear a Selection "Part" so it is impossible to do more changes on active model. I must change selection by my hand to "Smart" and then I can work. It is happening all time.

Another thing is when I don´t touch 3D mouse or unpluged it from computer - then it is no more problem and I can work in "Smart" all day.

3D mouse is very good tool for me, and I don´t want to give up it

Thank you for any response.

Ondrej

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8

Hi,

I found similar problem reported on 3d Connexion Spacemouse Pro // Active Filter PROBLEM page.

If your mouse worked well with Creo 2.0 and now is causing problems with Creo 3.0 then:

• you can try installing current SpaceMouse drivers
  • report the problem to PTC Support

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi,

I start using 3D mouse with Creo 3.0.

PTC Support told me, "we don´t know about this problem". That is why I desperately looking for any help anywhere.

I can reinstall driver, but I have worries about my MapKeys which I´ve got tagged in my software.

What do you think about saving MapKeys?

Ty.

Ondrej

Hi,

I am sorry, I do not have any experience with 3D mouse and its configuration (i.e. MapKeys assigned to its buttons).

MH

Martin Hanák
Duplo
4-Participant
(To:okube?a)

Hi,

to make a backup of you settings you need the following folders:

C: => Users => [Username] => AppData => Roaming => 3Dconnexion => 3DxProENGINEER

C: => Users => [Username] => AppData => Roaming => 3Dconnexion => 3DxWare

You can find the mapkeys at 3DxWare\Cfg\[App]

Hope this helps.

Fred

okube?a
1-Newbie
(To:Duplo)

Hi,

Thank you Fred, I will reinstall driver tomorow with IT man. But my hope is really small because like I see, I´ve got already latest version of driver installed.

We will see. Many thanks for routes to backup. This information I´ve got from PTC Support, so it is right.

OK

Hello gents,

Yesterday I reinstall mouse driver, but without any changes. Even I try to use second device what we got at the office but It is still the same.

I´m desperate.

Andrew

gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:okube?a)

Hello Ondrej,

I tried to find the case with Technical Support about this issue, but I could not find anything in our database.

Did you open it on behalf of someone else? Can you provide me the number to check, what went wrong.

I find it strange that the answer should be simply "we don´t know about this problem".

The TSE should either find that it works when (s)he is testing it or - in case testing is not possible - refer you to 3D Connexion.

This is because it is their hardware and their software (based on our Toolkit API) that makes it run. If there is a problem, they would take care and if a solution requires PTC, they usually approach us. But we try to help, if we can.

Thanks,

Gunter

okube?a
1-Newbie
(To:gkoch)

Hello Gunter,

Sorry for my late answer.

We have got 2 devices, but noone from office didn´t work with this mouse. I think a tryed even a second device.

What number you mean? PID of device is A4314151424, P/N: 3DX-600044.

Great day,

Andrew

Top Tags