Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFX Profiles in WINDCHILL

SOLVED
Highlighted
Garnet

AFX Profiles in WINDCHILL

Hello to all,

I'm trying to configure AFX to use profiles already uploaded to Windchill. I have created custome profiles that I can use if they are in my library folders, but once I upload them to Windchill, and delete the parts from my library folder, AFX can't find them in Windchill.

I have uploaded the profiles to Windchill:

AFX_Profiles_Windchill.png

I have "sel_list..txt" pointing at them:

AFX_Profiles_Sel_List.png

And when I try to assemble a profile instance in the project using these profiles, I get the error message "An error occurred while loading the model":

AFX_error.png

I have tried with the AFX "options.cfg" properties suggested in this article https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS256023:

"FOR_INTRALINK_33 to YES"

"LOAD_COPY_COMPONENTS_FROM_INTRALINK to YES"

But it still doesn't work.

What am I doing wrong? Is is possible to use profiles from Windchill? Where can I find a guide to configure AFX to be used with profiles from Windchill?

Thank you for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: AFX Profiles in WINDCHILL

Hi @avillena,

Currently for profiles it is not possible to store the template parts for the different profile types in Windchill.

Regards Sam

15 REPLIES 15

Hi @avillena,

Currently for profiles it is not possible to store the template parts for the different profile types in Windchill.

Regards Sam

Thanks for the info!

Then I will store the complete AFX library in a shared folder for the complete company, and use it from there.

Hello, Sam.

I would like to have the AFX parts to come in with our organization's standard part layers, parameters, and relations. If possible, how would I go about setting this up?

Best regards,

Matt

Hi @msteed,

you can find the answer to your question in this Topic.

Greetings Sam

Perfect!

Thank you, Sam.

Matt

Hello, Sam.

Could you provide me with an example of how to apply the AFX Component Naming Scheme so that all my profiles will have PROJECT_SHORT#-#ELEMENT_NUMBER?

I am not certain which directory to save the element_name.txt file to.

http://support.ptc.com/help//archive/creo40/creo_pma/usascii/index.html#page/advanced_framework%2FTo...

Thanks,

Matt

Hi @msteed,

just place the element_name.txt file in folder <creo>/common files/afx/parts/profiles, equipment, connectors, subassemblies.

Regards 

Sam

Excellent!. Thank you, Sam.

Matt

Hello, Sam.

How would I go about storing and mapping to the AFX template part library on a team accessible common location (share drive)?

I have experimented with the option below, in options.cfg, but have not been able to get it to work.

!Enter AFX library path.
EFX_LIBRARY_PATH

Thanks,

Matt