cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

AFX and family-tables

MaikTheBike
15-Moonstone

AFX and family-tables

Hi,

Here: https://community.ptc.com/t5/Assembly-Design/Family-table-of-Sketch-parameter/m-p/624695#M19991

I tried to control a AFX-tube using a parameter that controls the line of a sketch. In the end the workaround was to create a second parameter and assign it as Martin showed. The solution worked, but it is very cumbersome and I always have to regenerate the model. Sometimes I have to regenerate twice to get all the joints right.

Now my goal is to control the tubes with a skeleton-Model that is controlled by the family-table. We don't have the skeleton-licences so I created a part for the skeleton.

Creo skeleton1.JPG

In the skeleton-part I created a family-table that controls the length of the line in the sketch:

(See Skeleton2)

In the main-assembly I created another family-table that changes the skeleton-family-table:

(See Skeleton 3)

When I open the "1500"-family-table in the top-assembly the result looks like this:

(See Skeleton 4)

The tube doesn't update. And regenerating also doesn't change the length of the pipe.

Its very important for us because we use the AFX-module a lot and using AFX with family-tables would be very nice.Maybe someone knows how I can do it ?

Thanks,

Maik

1 REPLY 1

Hi,

I hope @SamuelBrantner can comment your request 🙂

Martin Hanák
Top Tags