cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

AFX profile naming syntax

mvitárius
15-Moonstone

AFX profile naming syntax

Hello!

I have trouble figuring out how to force AFX to use our company's naming syntax. Here is an example:

Lets say the ASM name is SHM-0001-030-001 (Which is the game as the  AFXproject name). What I would like to do is to force AFX to use the following names in the assembly for  (ITEM) profiles:

• SHM-001-030-001-01
  • SHM-001-030-001-02
  • SHM-001-030-001-03
  • SHM-001-030-001-04
  • ...and so on...

Is it possible? What would be even better is to use this numbering for some of the equipment elements too. For example the equipment element (For example polycarbonat plate element) would be

• SHM-001-030-001-05
  • SHM-001-030-001-06

But in the same time some of the equipment elements are good as they are (for example ITEM wheels/caps etc...) because they are commercial product for us.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @mvitárius ,

this can be done with the element_name.txt files in the afx library.

See also here:

https://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/r7.0/usascii/#page/advanced_framework%2FTo_Define_a_Component_Naming_Scheme.html

Greetings Sam

Samuel Brantner
B&W Software GmbH

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @mvitárius ,

this can be done with the element_name.txt files in the afx library.

See also here:

https://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/r7.0/usascii/#page/advanced_framework%2FTo_Define_a_Component_Naming_Scheme.html

Greetings Sam

Samuel Brantner
B&W Software GmbH

Thanks it works!

There is also a problem when we remove an item the profile number keeps going like it still exists so for example

• SHM-001-030-001-01
  • SHM-001-030-001-02
  • SHM-001-030-001-03
  • I delete here ... SHM-001-030-001-03
  • And it keeps the naming syntax going to ... SHM-001-030-001-04

Is there a way to automatically refresh the PROFILE_NUMBER parameter each time a new profile is created? Or better force rename the whole project after I'm done with it?

Hi @mvitárius ,

that is not possible at the moment. 

Greetings Sam

Samuel Brantner
B&W Software GmbH
Top Tags