cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Add column in model tree for assemblies to highlight session id

jbixby-2
1-Newbie

Add column in model tree for assemblies to highlight session id

I see that there was a CS166827 that refers to this Creo Parametric 2.0 related question.

The open issue still pertains to me.  I request to easily access the Session_ID of an assembly using Creo 2.0.

I have an installation with numerous instances.

I use a BOM table with repeat regions that display the parameter(s) &DASH_CODE and &PTC_COMMON_NAME

for each of those instances.  So, I repeat the task of adding a BOM chart by toggling to the "next" instance and adding

Table From File

I have to Layout/ADD_MODEL (instance) to the drawing.

I open the instance assembly (master rep).

I employ Tools/Relations and Show/Session ID; MODEL INFO/Assembly/Top Level; read the message:

Model 47604928004.ASM has Session Id 1097.

Done/Return, OK to close out the Relations GUI.

Close assembly and return to the drawing.

Use Annotate; select the cell of the table; RMB to Properties/Text to append the &PTC_COMMON_NAME parameter with ":1097"

such that the cell reads: &PTC_COMMON_NAME:1097

Likewise for the other repeat region parameter-driven cells (i.e. &DASH_CODE:1097)

Then I repeat the task of adding another (instance) model, and add a Table From File that is "confused"

until the correct session_ID is appended to the parameter-driven cells in the table for each (color qualifying) instance..

That technique works every time, but it would be far easier to simply have a model tree column with the session_id displaying after each

Layout/Drawing Models/Add Model ... use the search filter with numbers of generic model... select the instance desired

Done/Return to leave the DWG MODELS menu

Model tree opens

If necessary, File/Load Settings to get the Saved column display (optionally named equivalent tree.cfg file) that could show me the

Top Level assembly's Session ID

Otherwise, it has been a tedious exercise to add another tabulated chart to the drawing and have that table correctly refer to the numerous (color) options.

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags