cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Added part in assembly is not shown

SogolNayeri
4-Participant

Added part in assembly is not shown

I have a model made by someone else. I am tending to replace few screws for other bolts. replacing did not work. After operation nothing is changed. As a second solution I have deleted the screws and called a new bolt to assembly from a family table. The bolt is added to the model tree as a part however it is not visible in the model. it is also not hidden. (see the images attached)

To check if the part works, I have made a new assembly and called the part in the new assembly. As a result it is visible in the new assembly.

What am I missing here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:SogolNayeri)

Possibly: I see you have an x-section active. If the part is added on the "cut away" side of the x-section, it will not be visible. Deactivate the cross section.

Occassionally I have seen glitches that a part doesn't display. Generally the fix was simply to restart creo and reload the assembly.

Layers: If the part is on a layer and that layer is hidden, the part will be hidden in the model. You can test this by unhiding all the layers temporarily.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RoyCrerar
14-Alexandrite

Hi, Are you working with simplified reps? If you are the rep might be set to exclude by default so any new additions appear on the model tree but are excluded from the on screen representation

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Possibly: I see you have an x-section active. If the part is added on the "cut away" side of the x-section, it will not be visible. Deactivate the cross section.

Occassionally I have seen glitches that a part doesn't display. Generally the fix was simply to restart creo and reload the assembly.

Layers: If the part is on a layer and that layer is hidden, the part will be hidden in the model. You can test this by unhiding all the layers temporarily.

Hi,

can you see a bolt, when you open it in Part mode ? Please show us screenshot.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags