cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Adding subtype option in new part menu option.

vkumar-9
3-Visitor

Adding subtype option in new part menu option.

"When I select the "new file" button on the CreO toolbar, I can select part, drawing, etc. When I select part, I get four subtypes on the right side of the window: solid, sheetmetal, composite, and bulk. I know that Creo takes default as Inch std as units. Is it possible to add one more subtype like Solid_metric and the user can select if he wants part in solid in inch or in metric.

Smiilarly Can I add for sheetmetal and assembly.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

when creating new part, uncheck Use default template option

new.png

In next dialog box, you can use Browse button to select requested template.

You can also save all your templates into separate directory and set path to this directory using start_model_dir option in config.pro file. In this case you will see the list of your templates in New file Options dialog box.

new2.png

MH

Martin Hanák

Hello Martin,

Thank you for the reply.. but I wanted a subtype option in first click rather then going to next screen. Can I update in the first screen shot itself like FIle-> New

New_File.JPG

Hi,

unfortunatelly you cannot customize 1st level dialog box.

MH

Martin Hanák

Vinod,

As martin mentioned customizing the "New" dialog box is not possible, however you may think of mapkeys to required start part and have that in Ribbon.

Top Tags