cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Advanced license

RV_5434567
7-Bedrock

Advanced license

Hello,

Due to a bunch of old assemblies that use skeletons and layouts we have an Advanced License in Creo2, just like we had in WF2. I'm the only one who needs this license, because I'm the one who deals with these old asm. But a colleague started up with this license without knowing. I think this is because she was the first to start up Creo. Is there a way to set everyone's startup standard to the regular license so this doesn't happen again?

Also, are there other advantages to Advanced license besides skeletons and layouts? Does anyone know any good tutorials for skeletons and layouts, because I never made any. I just inherited it from a retired coworker...

Thanks in advance...

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Our solution to this is to have multiple startup .BAT files. These .BAT files then call the appropriate .psf files. The .psf if the file that calls the license type. So in our case we have Foundation, flex3C, flex3C global, Creo_engineerIII, etc.

We have a .BAT file for each of our license types or license that act the same for use. So for Advanced we have a .BAT file that calls for the .psf file calling flex3C, flex3C global, Creo_engineerIII, and Creo_engineerIII global. For Basic if calls foundation in the .psf.

In the .psf file there should be a line similar to this:

ENV=CREOPMA_FEATURE_NAME=PROE_Flex3C PROE_EngineerIII PROE_Flex3CG PROE_EngineerIIIG PROE_FoundationAdv ()

After the "=" are your license features.

We also use a launcher built in house to help with selecting the correct license so we dont have to have 3-5 bat files on the user machines.

Advanced will also allow the use of Pro\Program which we use quite a bit.

Let me know if this is too confusing for you.

Ehm... Yes! Way too confusing!

I was hoping it would just be a little setting. We also use a launcher, built by our supplier. I think I'll best trow the question at them, 'cause I don't want to go messing about with BAT-files.

Thanks anyway. I'll leave the discussion open in case anyone wants to post some good tutorials on Advanced features.

Thats fine we use the bat files to copy settings files upon startup so the user always has the latest and they are the same.

You don't need multiple starup batch files. You canrun setup and configure the software to get whatever licnes you want. There are multiple ways to do this, and they are all done in the setup program.

You can give all users one command that will give them teh basic license first and only grab the advanced license if all others are taken. You can also give them only the basic license. You can create two start up commands for each license type. This is all done in setup in the section where you specify licenses.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
Top Tags